Often when we post, talk to others, see each other in passing, phone or text someone, we are inclined to give a bad report or share our woes and our ups and downs. When we give good news or share our highs and not our lows, it is apt to encourage someone.
So today, I want to share some good news. As you look at your life, know that without a doubt, God has something very special for you. When you least expect it, your good news will show up. Why? Because God is ‘No respecter of person.’ And because God loves you, He will make sure the good news finds its way to your doorstep.
To edify those who can receive and see the work of the Lord in your life, I want you to know that God has not forgotten about you. He has you on His mind everyday. Just when you thought that God was not watching, He sees all the good that you do. Today is your day to win. Your past failures have brought you to another level. Prepare for increase as I share with you 14 basic principles to win at work.
At a young age I was taught by my dad, mom, an aunt, and other mentors some basic work principles, which I have passed on to my girls. Once practiced, you will find goodness in those moments when you have felt your lowest. Here are some of the principles that will put you on high
1) Go above and beyond the job title
2) Put those in authority over you in a place where they depend on you and cannot do without you in your absence
3) While you learn your job well, learn theirs also
4) Always be on time
5) Never take off, if possible
6) Make no excuses
7) Look beyond your job title to see what more you can do. The more you do, the more you learn
8) Be willing to go in early and stay later than your boss
9) Pray and ask God how you can become what He desires you to become and become a helper and an asset, not a liability
10) When people at work get on your nerves, keep your mouth shut. God will go before you and fight your battles
11) Do good always, even when you think no one is looking. You never know who’s watching
12) Do not take from the workplace what does not belong to you. Remember this: if every employee took home a pencil a day for five years, that one pencil per 10,000 employees adds up quickly, and the cost to replace inventory might replace one person’s job -yours!
13) Do not steal time from the job by sleeping on the job
14) Be willing to say “thank you” and “please”
Even though I have taught my two girls these principles, I tell them that God is on their side to do what they cannot do. And God is on your side too!
I pray that this information blesses at least one person, and encourages you to stay strong.
Giving You Strength for the Journey,